Happiest St. Paddy's Day to you!
Our lucky charm cake is inspired by obsession with lucky charms the incredible Miss Kelly at studio DIY.
We made a boxed vanilla cake (you can use your favorite recipe!) and followed Kelly's instructions on how to fill the cake.
Here's my favorite icing recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (if you want it to be a little more stiff use 1/4 cup high ratio shortening, 1/4 cup butter)
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla (or almond) extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- a few drops on green food coloring